Fall…that’s apple time and I just love it. Please let us know your favorite uses for apples on our FB page or in the comments below.
1. For me, 3 things go together, fall, apples and crock pot cooking. Here’s one of my favorite easy apple butter recipes I use. I half the sugar because I like it a bit tart.
2. Once again, using my crockpot. I love this apple sauce recipe. This recipe actually does not call for a crockpot but I actually always make it in there and it turns out amazing. My house also smells so good too!
3. This apple pie recipe is an oldie but a goodie from Smitten Kitchen. I make the crust in the food processor and it turns out delicious.
4. You know me and my “dump” cakes. I love an easy cake that people “ooo” and “ahh” over. I don’t have a pretty picture of this one but it’s as easy as1 box of yellow cake, 2 cans of apple pie filling (or 2 cups of stewed fresh apples with ½ cup of sugar), 1 stick of butter and cinnamon to taste.
Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray. Put the apple pie filling or stewed apples at the bottom of the pan. Dump yellow cake mix over it. Cut up the stick of butter and place it all around the yellow cake mix. Sprinkle cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. You’re done. There’s no pretty picture for this one but trust me, it’s so darn easy.
5. Be warned. This one isn’t easy but it’s worth it. You will also need to go to the gym for a year to eat it. I don’t use a dutch oven, I borrow my friend’s deep fryer once a year to make these. They are a hit but man, there’s a reason I only make them once a year.